Electric Starter Installation Check Lists
Last updated 11/01/11
The following check lists pertain to the installation of the Old Britts electric starter upgrade.
It is assumed that anyone performing this installation has basic mechanical skills, is familiar with Commandos, and has a good set of both SAE
and Whitworth tools.
Any special tools will be addressed in the check list requiring the tool.
We estimate that with a competent Norton mechanic and if all goes well, this conversion can
be accomplished in approximately 19 hours or about 2 1/2 days.
We put or time estimates at the end of each check list, so you can estimate the time for each step.
- First phase, Removing the engine cradle and swingarm.
- Second phase, Preparing parts to send to Old britts for modification
and determining if any required parts need to be ordered.
- Third phase, Mounting the swingarm onto the engine cradle and
re-assembling the engine cradle onto the bike.
- Fourth phase, Installing starter and testing the wiring.
- Fifth phase, Installing the primary drive.
- Sixth phase, Final stage of the installation.
Return to Installation instructions for our Electric start conversion
This page was written and designed by F. H. Eaton
& Associates if you have any questions or comments please
contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org