The Old Britts Commando, serial number 001
The right side of the bike.
The left side of the bike.
This all new Commando has been in the works for eight years and features lots of products developed
by Old Britts. This first Old Britts Commando has been sold.
We built this bike to feature all of our enhancements we have developed over the last eight years.
Our first Commando
Some of the features and items designed and developed by Old Britts:
- 750cc short stroke engine with new Steve Maney crank, crank cases, cylinder and stage 1 head.
- Two 34mm Mikuni carburators.
- Steel gas tank, side covers and front fender painted by Young Pon
- Modified Baja switch cluster controlling all functions except starter.
Switch cluster modified to allow all lights to be turned off.
- 18" front and rear wheels mounted to aluminum shouldered rime using polished stainless spokes.
- Front and rear lightened disks.
The lightened front rotor
- Magura front master cylinder with braided steel brake line to a stock rebuilt Commando caliper.
- AP Racing rear master cylinder with braided steel brake line to a stock rebuilt Commando caliper.
Rear brake linkage designed by Old Britts.
The right rear brake linkage.
- Left hand shift linkage designed by Old Britts.
The Left shift linkage.
- Big bore black chrome exhaust system by Viking.
- Old Britts leather single racing seat.
- Electronic tachometer and speedometer mounted in billet black anodized instrument mounts by Old Britts.
- Speedometer sensor mounted on the front caliper designed by Old Britts.
- Old Britts oil pressure gauge.
- Black anodized dash console by Old Britts with on/off key switch, four idiot lights and ignition map switch.
The Old Britts dash view from the top.
The Old Britts dash view from the front.
- Power Arc four advance map ignition with a four position switch on the dash console.
- Negative ground wiring harness designed by Old Britts where all the sub harnesses terminate in the
eliminating the rats nest under the gas tank and simplifying any trouble shooting.
Inside the headlight bucket.
- All electronic components are in the battery box taking up the same room as a 14ah Lead Acid battery.
- Two 14ah Shorai Lithium Iron batteries in parallel providing 18ah of charge.
- Podtronics 200w voltage rectifier/regulator.
- Warning light assimilator.
- Starting capacitor.
- Three fuses along with three spare fuses. 25amp main fuse, 20amp light fuse and 15amp ignition fuse.
- Four power relays and one spare power relay.
One relay for ignition, one for high beam light, one for low beam light and one for the starter.
The battery box with all the electronic componets
- Convenient fused power outlet.
The power outlet.
- Old britts tail light.
The Old Britts tail light.
The rear of the bike.
- MK3 rear hub with Old Britts split sprocket carrier so gearing can be changed by changing the rear
sprocket without having to remove the rear wheel.
The rear sprocket.
- Old Britts electric starter.
- Most fasteners are stainless steel.
- Most fasteners are drilled and safety wired.
- Detailed owners manual covering specifications, wiring diagram, build checklists, operating instructions and more.
The Old Britts Owners Manual.
Return to Old Britts home page
This page was written and designed by F. H. Eaton
& Associates if you have any questions or comments please
contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org